Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This is current, not past.

Please note that the seeds have not arrived yet, and when they do they will be in stages. this entire experiment is current, not a past narrative. On may 13th or 14th, the first batch of seeds will arrive, 12 at once. I will treat these with gibberellic acid and plant them, though only four will be mine. The other eight will be split evenly between the friends I am doing this with. (I am doing the work of planting them and researching) These twelve are the first stage of the seeds, while in a month or so a seller will have them available wholesale for a much cheaper price. At this time I will probably buy 100 of them, and possible a few seedlings. I will have 34 at that time, so in the end 38. Mathimatically, if the gibberellic acid bring up the germination rate to 90 percent, I should have 34 seedlings. I predict that because of unforeseen errors, I will lose all but 4,5, or at the very best six plants to survive to maturity. even with this pessimistic view, I think that doing so would be a great accomplishment for me. the entire cost of the experiment, for my share, is about 30-50 USD.

When I do not have anything interesting for the day directly involving the growing I will generally post something interesting I have learned, or side effects of the experiment. maybe the history of my learning of it.

One more day, maybe two.

Then it finally starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment