Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What am I doing, and how?

(Edit: please note: as of June fourteenth 2009, I posted that this is not my exact plan. It is now just growing unusual plants.)

My goal is to have at least five full grown, blooming miracle fruit plants within three years. I have been pondering doing this for about a year now, and each time I realize "I could have been far into this if I had just lived in the present". Now, I will take you through each step in the journey... from the research, to the purchasing, to the planting and raising.

I started finding out specific information on miracle fruit on April 1st, 2009, starting with wikipedia. I moved on to Ehow, and a popular instructables page. From there I started searching in as many places as possible, searching "miracle fruit growing instructions" on google and sifting through dozens of unhelpful, or nondescript websites to find the ones that were useful. I even ended up finding a forum specifically intended towards doing so. I found that the five biggest things you need to know before growing miracle fruit are:

An acidic, draining soil

High humidity

Plenty of heat, but not direct sunlight

Micronutrients,

And something to help make the seeds germinate

No comments:

Post a Comment